Live Blog from the 48 Hours of Sebring PCA Club Race

Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

This is terrific! Thanks.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red group qualifying:

James Sofronas at the top of GTA2 with a 2:06.5

Cory Friedman at the top of GTC5 with a 2:08.3

Very nice . . .

Jeff
Old 02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

According to the blog, the first Red Group sprint race has finished and here are the top three:

1. Sofronas
2. Veilleux +3.8
3. Friedman +4.1

I would LOVE to see some in car video from any of these top three cars. It was these three quite a ways in front and then all the rest. The battle between Veilleux and Friedman sure looks like it was really close!!

Jeff
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
According to the blog, the first Red Group sprint race has finished and here are the top three:

1. Sofronas
2. Veilleux +3.8
3. Friedman +4.1

I would LOVE to see some in car video from any of these top three cars. It was these three quite a ways in front and then all the rest. The battle between Veilleux and Friedman sure looks like it was really close!!

Jeff
I Will ask Stef. Veilleux if I can post his in-car footage. This guy didn't drive a race car since June of last year at the Glen and only for one testing session !
Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Coco_951
Instructor

Roger the blogger is awesome! What a great addition to an amazing weekend.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
RogerJ
Instructor

I don't know about awesome, yet I would appreciate it if you would remind my wife... No shot with my kids...

It was really was a great experience to try something new and have it work really well. The folks running the 48 Hours of Sebring were great to work with as were my PCA counterparts. I am most appreciative of their willingness to try something new. With something like this it is easy to find a thousand reasons not to do it.

I did it with a team in ALMS last year and from a marketing standpoint it really helped "build the brand" and gain loyal supporters of the team. The Flying Lizard team has done a great job with this and I am just amazed that more are not doing it.

Lastly, the 48 Hours of Sebring is such a great example of what PCA is all about. There are a bunch of us who bust our butts to make this stuff happen. The reward is the feeling of accomplishment you get when you make that left turn out of the track after the event and all you can think is; wow, we did something really cool. No matter what your role was, you have the same feeling. And I can tell you, there are few better feelings in life. That of accomplishment.

So thanks for the kind words. A word of advice - get involved. There is no better feeing.

Roger the blogger
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
RogerJ
Instructor

One more thing; the "replay" will be available at at both PCA.org and the 48 hours at Sebring site.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerJ
I don't know about awesome, yet I would appreciate it if you would remind my wife... No shot with my kids...

It was really was a great experience to try something new and have it work really well. The folks running the 48 Hours of Sebring were great to work with as were my PCA counterparts. I am most appreciative of their willingness to try something new. With something like this it is easy to find a thousand reasons not to do it.

I did it with a team in ALMS last year and from a marketing standpoint it really helped "build the brand" and gain loyal supporters of the team. The Flying Lizard team has done a great job with this and I am just amazed that more are not doing it.

Lastly, the 48 Hours of Sebring is such a great example of what PCA is all about. There are a bunch of us who bust our butts to make this stuff happen. The reward is the feeling of accomplishment you get when you make that left turn out of the track after the event and all you can think is; wow, we did something really cool. No matter what your role was, you have the same feeling. And I can tell you, there are few better feelings in life. That of accomplishment.

So thanks for the kind words. A word of advice - get involved. There is no better feeing.

Roger the blogger
It was great following the blog and thanks for volunteering your time to make it happen. Next time you'll need a rolling disclaimer across the top: I AM NOT IN CHARGE OF THE VIDEO FEED!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

RogerJ, the "other" RogerJ is a dear friend and my family thought it was him doing the postings...

I read part of the blogs during the weekend and enjoyed them. It kept those who could not make it in the loop. MANY THANKS for that!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
RogerJ
Instructor

Juan, great drives this weekend, You were fun to watch. I had dinner Saturday evening with Roger at the BBQ. The "other" RogerJ is also a good friend of mine. We have been in the same race a number of times. Usually we just struggle with hotel reservations, including at the Chateau this weekend <G>.

I visited with Brady and he said he was considering coming to Brainerd again. I Chair that race and would love to see you guys. It's a fun event.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks! They enjoyed Brainerd very much. We have been talking about it....!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Adam@Autometrics
Former Vendor

1. Sofronas
2. Veilleux +3.8
3. Friedman +4.1

Jeff
Cory said he is planning on editing some video today and hopefully posting it up soon.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
I Will ask Stef. Veilleux if I can post his in-car footage. This guy didn't drive a race car since June of last year at the Glen and only for one testing session !
Originally Posted by Adam@Autometrics
Cory said he is planning on editing some video today and hopefully posting it up soon.
That would be fantastic if both of you are able to post some video. From what I could determine from following the blog, both Veilleux and Friedman were really flying and had some great battles going on!!

Jeff
Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be fantastic if both of you are able to post some video. From what I could determine from following the blog, both Veilleux and Friedman were really flying and had some great battles going on!!

Jeff
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...print-1-a.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Live Blog from the 48 Hours of Sebring PCA Club Race